Thursday, August 24, 2017

Hawaii Part 1


The day after getting back from Wisconsin, Louis and I packed the kids up to go to Grandma and Papa's house while we headed off to HAWAII!!!!

Our friend Bob was getting married and we used that as the perfect excuse for a very long overdue vacation just the two of us (last time we went on vacation alone, Blake was six months old). We took off on the long flight to Maui and let me tell you it did not disappoint.

 The Hyatt Regency in Lahaina is where we stayed. Beautiful!

The mountain view of our hotel

Another view from our room



Our pool

Since we arrived late afternoon on Monday, Tuesday was our first pool/beach day. Matt went golfing so we spent the day with Mary. It was a ton of fun. 

Fun story: Mary texted me about two months before Hawaii and said "we need a selfie stick for Hawaii". I actually had one in a drawer that I had never used so I brought it along. It ended up being the highlight of our trip.

Selfie for the win!!



Mastering our selfie game while sipping drinks poolside


That night we cleaned up because Bob and Alix hosted a cocktail hour at the hotel for everyone 

Look who showed up for a selfie!!


I did the math, Matt and I have been friends 19 years..... that is a very long time and so very grateful 


Wednesday was the wedding day and Louis and I spent the day lounging and then we cleaned up to head on the bus to the wedding.

All ready for the party



Bob and Alix had the most amazing wedding location ever. It wasn't even fair. Everything was beautiful. Insert jealously here. 






My seat. And the way the tables were arranged I got to sit next to Mary and Jessica and the boys were across from us, which was perfect since we would rather talk girl talk anyways!



Not a bad view for dinner

Can you spot Bob and Alix on the rocks.... I mean those wedding photos are going to be insane


Cutting the cake

There is a Wesleyan tradition that you take a picture with everyone who went to IWU and submit it to the magazine. We had a great one! Cant wait to see the picture in a future issue.

Iraqi Steve was totally into the selfies


Bobbo got married!
 Selfie with the bride

Hands down the best wedding I have been too (besides my own of course, ha!). Thank you Bob and Alix!!

No comments:

Post a Comment