Thursday, September 30, 2010
Louis' grandma loved her boys (i.e. James and Louis). She would constantly tell me stories of them as little kids or how they would say or do the funniest things. She was certainly proud of the fine men that they have become. (Not to mention Louis' excellent taste by marrying me :) )
Please keep the Malic family in your thoughts and prayers. Kathy and her dad need lots of support this year.
We will be in Pittsburgh this weekend for the funeral so I hope my next posting can be more uplifting.
Rest In Peace Grandma Sweeney,
Love Jenny and Louis
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
2 Papers (5-6 pagers)
4 Assignments (1-2 pagers)
1 Business Plan (LOTS of pages)
After last night I have been able to cross off 1 test. Tonight I will knock out another assignment. I still have a long way to go but I am getting there!
P.S. the Glee Britney episode is on tonight- get excited!!!!
Sunday, September 26, 2010
1) I heart Erin and want to help her create the perfect wedding
2) Katie and I got to scope out our competition (we are way better!!!)
3) I love anything wedding related
4) It was a good excuse not to study for my test
Getting to the Bridal Show was entertaining as both the directions Erin wrote down as well as Katie's GPS on her phone somehow managed to get us turned around. We did get to experience some shady areas near O'Hare though (I don't recommend a visit there anytime soon).
At the show we all had our assigned jobs. Erin-- BRIDE!, Katie- holder of the brochures (she probably had the hardest job cause that thing got heavy), Me- getting Erin's card signed by the vendors and emotional support.
After weaving our way around and stopping at several cake booths to sample the tasty treats we sat down to watch the fashion show. Erin and I bought some wine which was pretty tasty!
Before the fashion show starts they give away raffle prizes. I am notorious for never winning anything so I wanted to live through Erin. Katie and I had our fingers crossed that she would win something. Sure enough when they announced the winner of the Carson Pirie Scott mini shopping spree it was Erin. Katie and I started yelling and pointing and Erin looked like she wanted to run far away, haha. We made her walk to the side of the stage to get her prize. I was super excited she won something (offsets the cost of stupid parking)
This was the cute groom model, he was yummy and had dimples! (Don't worry Louis I still heart you the most)
Thursday, September 23, 2010
I am excited for this weekend, in addition to studying for my test Monday (booo) I am going to the Chicago Bridal Expo with Erin and Katie. I really miss wedding planning fun so this is a great way to relive it through Erin! Poor Erin probably won't know what hit her when Katie and I get going. I will make sure to post all the fun excitement from the show.
Happy Grey's Anatomy Season Premiere Day/ First Day of Fall
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
FOX 7pm CST!!
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Saturday, September 18, 2010
At work yesterday my co-workers and I figured out that there is already less than 100 days until Christmas. Can you believe that? To add to this, Kohls already has their Christmas decorations out and on sale!!!
As much as I don't want it to be winter time yet (I don't like the cold) I really would like these next 9 weeks to fly by so I can be done with school.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
I am super duper excited to announce that Sign it With Love is up and running! What is Sign it With Love you ask? Great question, well Katie and I have started a business to create wedding invitations, save the dates, programs etc as well as all things paper (holiday cards, birth annoucements and more).
We have taken our love for weddings, design, paper and being newlyweds and turned it into a business/blog. This is our hobby, passion, entertainment and we hope to entertain as well as create beautiful paper designs.
Check out our site Sign it With Love
P.S. To all my Hewitt peeps if you are checking out the site at work, Hewitt blocks features so I recommend reading from your personal computer.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
His website for his show is: www.thenateshow.com
Go check it out, or if you don't have a job or happen to be home sick he is on at 2pm on NBC in the Chicagoland area.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
My original plan was to post the second half of our trip pictures tonight but then I realized they are on Louis' camera and he is at work so I don't know where the cord is to upload them to the computer. (granted, its probably by his camera but I am lazy and watching football). Instead, I thought I would share some observations/video about San Fran.
1. The temperature range is crazy! 50-80 degrees in the few days we were there. I highly recommend to pack lots of layers if you plan to visit.
2. There are lots of tourists in the touristy areas. If potential crowds aren't your thing you might not enjoy yourself as much. Although over the few days we were there, there were definite times that there weren't many people at all and you still got to visit all the fun places.
3. Places I recommend seeing/visiting: Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, Pier 39 (including the sea lions), Golden Gate Bridge, Crookest Street, riding a cable car, boat tour under the bridge and around Alcatraz, Muir Woods, eating sourdough bread (at Boudin) and ordering crab.
4. Bring walking shoes! San Francisco is known for its hills and if you aren't training on a stair master prior to your trip make sure you can hack the walking.
5. Don't rent a car if you are planning on spending all of your time in San Francisco, its super expense to park it and you don't need a car to get around. If you want to cross the bridge or see Muir Woods and don't want a car-- they have tours that will take you.
6. Unfortunately, there are bums on the streets so be cautious about who you interact with
7. The hotels in the wharf area are pricey (actually all of San Fran is pricey). Only a few hotels offer free internet or breakfast.
8. Average price for a burger $13, average price for fish and chips $18, pop out of a vending machine $4
9. It is always foggy in the morning in San Francisco, if you plan on tours or want cool pictures wait until the afternoon when the sun is out and you can see more.
10. A lot of British tourists go there, and I love their accents so its fun to listen in on convo's
Here is a video I shot of us driving over the Golden Gate Bridge, I realize its not exciting but its still fun!!
This video is of the sea lions, if you listen close you can hear them!
Monday, September 6, 2010
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Friday, September 3, 2010
Eric is one of the Bartlett coaches so I am going to support him and entertain Katie at the game. While I do wish Eric the best I will be wearing green and yellow to show my school spirit. Since we will be sitting on the visitors side, I am going to have to do the "Alligator Alligator eat em up eat em up" with just Sean... :)
Good Luck Eric and South! (I know that doesn't make sense but still I want Eric to do well and my team to win)
Tomorrow Louis, Sean and I leave for San Francisco, I can't wait!
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
1. Boat tour to go under the Golden Gate bridge, around Alcatraz and to see the sea lions on the pier
2. Pier 39
3. Trolly Ride!!!
4. Muir Woods
If anyone has ideas or recommendations on what restaurants or places to visit please let me know!
My goal is to try and post pictures while we are on the trip but I make no promises!