Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Book Review: Water for Elephants

Since every blog post should have a picture I included the movie poster :) When I was at Target a few weeks ago wandering around I stopped by the book section and they had this book on sale for $5.99 in paperback. I figured if it was turned into a movie and Reese was in it (I heart her) then I could give it a whirl. I honestly was not expecting much from the book but as it turns out I really enjoyed it. The book centers around a young man who finds himself on a circus train and how his life is forever changed by learning to survive and work in the circus. I really like how the book goes back and forth between the present and past (a la, The Notebook). I read some information the author put at the end of the book and she said that she did lots of research on circus acts and people and even incorporated a lot of true stories into the book. I don't want to give away details or ruin the book for anyone but I will say that how the love story line developed was a little strange and forced at times but overall I recommend it for an easy, fun summer read. Don't go watch the movie though and then read the book-- BOOKS ARE ALWAYS BETTER THAN THE MOVIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment