Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Cleaning

We have lived in our house for about 2 years now and frankly we are collecting way too much stuff. I decided that it was time to do some spring cleaning and clean out the closets. My rule was if I haven't used/worn it in over a year, then it must go. Now, I started this little project while Louis was sleeping on the bed but when he woke up I convinced him to join the fun too. After all he has a slight hording complex (thanks Bill) and I need to try and manage :)

All of the stuff for Goodwill.

Louis is the person who collect shoe boxes (see, he is a horder) and I finally convinced him we don't need the boxes so lets get rid of them!

Trash pile. Lots of crappy t-shirts and ripped clothes

All bagged up. The white bags were for goodwill, as well as the brown bags. The black ones were trash or recycle.

Overall, it was a super productive Saturday. Not only did we manage to purge and clear our closets but we also dropped off the stuff at Goodwill the same day-- that way there was no way the stuff could simply sit around our house and collect dust waiting for us to drop it off.


1 comment:

  1. A) We did this last year and Goodwill got an extraordinary amount of clothes from me.
    B) While I agree that Louis and James are hoarders, I see absolutely nothing wrong with keeping shoe boxes. I use them for random stuff all the time, i.e. organizing, boxes for wrapping, etc. ;)
    C) Fantastic job on the spring cleaning. It looks like you guys opened a lot of space up!
    XOXO <3

    ReplyDelete