Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our Wedding

























I am sure that by now most of you have heard Louis and I's crazy weather wedding day story. For those of you not familiar, here is the quick version. The day started off sunny and beautiful, which lends itself well to an outdoor ceremony. The weather had predicted a 30% chance of rain, but I wasn't too concerned by just looking out the window. Around 3pm the girls and I were ready and went outside to take some pictures before the ceremony. Outside was definitely super humid and hot!! My poor hair!! We started to notice that the sky was starting to get really black and I began to get concerned. Within a matter of minutes the sun had disappeared and the sky was looking like Mother Nature had other plans for our ceremony. I was prepared to have an indoor ceremony so again, still not super concerned at this point. We barely got back inside when the storm hit, and I barely got off the elevator when the power went out in the hotel (poor Mary was stuck in the elevator, she was a trooper though!!). Without power for about two hours in the hotel we were forced to have the ceremony in our reception room while guests sat at their tables (thanks to a power cord from the building next door). In the end Louis and I got married, and the wedding was only off schedule about one hour. The night ended up being memorable to say the least. And, not only did I hear that it's good luck if it rains on your wedding day, but the harder the rain, the more money you are blessed with. I am guessing with that kind of storm Louis and I are going to be rich!!!!


Here are some pictures I have stolen from my friends and family. Enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment