As some of you might recall, last summer Louis and I began the process of replacing just about every floor surface in our house. Last summer we tackled the main level and stairs/landing area. This summer we completed the house by updating the two bathrooms upstairs as well as the bedrooms and family room. We knew all along that we were going to do it in two parts and it just worked out really well for timing so now the little man has brand new carpet and floors in his bedroom/bathroom. It also was good motivation to start to make the change from having a guest room to a nursery. This year we decided to go with Empire carpet because they were significantly less money and their price included removing the old flooring and moving the furniture so it was a win win.
Here was the master bathroom before....the cheap sticky tiles were moving and just stained and gross!
Here is the master again but from a different angle...take note of the pathetic storage bin system we had going on.
Here it is updated :) We ordered vinyl for the bathrooms instead of tile since we know that this isn't our home for years to come
I changed the lighting for this second shot-- I think this coloring is more accurate. We also solved the storage bin problem by finding this cute bench from IKEA. I love that store!
Here was the before shot of the guest bedroom, minus all the furniture we moved into my parent's storage unit until we move
This is what it looks like now as the nursery. The picture can't really do justice for the carpet change but I swear it is a million times better. Uncle James even put together the new IKEA rocking chair for the little man!
I am so glad that we are finally done with all of the big projects we wanted to tackle around the house. Although I am sure that I will think of something that I want Louis to do next! Louis also insisted that I give him a handy hubby shout out for moving all of the furniture and basically doing 80% of the work. I love you babe!