Sunday, September 26, 2010

V.I.B.

Today I got to go with Erin the V.I.B. (very important bride- see the pic below for the sticker she rocked) and Katie to the Chicago Bridal Show. I was super duper excited to go for many reasons:
1) I heart Erin and want to help her create the perfect wedding
2) Katie and I got to scope out our competition (we are way better!!!)
3) I love anything wedding related
4) It was a good excuse not to study for my test

Getting to the Bridal Show was entertaining as both the directions Erin wrote down as well as Katie's GPS on her phone somehow managed to get us turned around. We did get to experience some shady areas near O'Hare though (I don't recommend a visit there anytime soon).

At the show we all had our assigned jobs. Erin-- BRIDE!, Katie- holder of the brochures (she probably had the hardest job cause that thing got heavy), Me- getting Erin's card signed by the vendors and emotional support.

After weaving our way around and stopping at several cake booths to sample the tasty treats we sat down to watch the fashion show. Erin and I bought some wine which was pretty tasty!

Erin and I (P.S. how much do I look like my mom in this pic!!!)

Business Partners!!!


Before the fashion show starts they give away raffle prizes. I am notorious for never winning anything so I wanted to live through Erin. Katie and I had our fingers crossed that she would win something. Sure enough when they announced the winner of the Carson Pirie Scott mini shopping spree it was Erin. Katie and I started yelling and pointing and Erin looked like she wanted to run far away, haha. We made her walk to the side of the stage to get her prize. I was super excited she won something (offsets the cost of stupid parking)


This was the cute groom model, he was yummy and had dimples! (Don't worry Louis I still heart you the most)


Haha, you can tell who I kept wanting to take pictures of

Not a fan of the bowtie.
You might wonder why there are no pictures of the bridal gowns, well that is because almost all of them were ugly. Granted, everyone has their own style and taste and I am sure many girls loved them but they just weren't good enough for Erin.
I can't wait for Erin and Jon's wedding and going to this show got me in the wedding planning spirit. I plan on devoting my time to helping them once this silly thing called grad school is done.
On a random side note major thanks and love to my mom and dad who brought over dinner for Louis and I. We heart you-- that is exactly what we needed tonight!




1 comment:

  1. It looks like you girls had a great time! And I love that Erin won a mini shopping spree and you and Katie freaked out pointing. I can see it in my head. It makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete