Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Reading List

While I didn't plan it or make it one of my resolutions for 2011, it just so happens that I have been reading a biography each month. In January I read "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert and in February I read "Going Rogue" by Sarah Palin. This journey into biographies came from my desire to change it up a bit from my usual Nora Roberts romance novels. Don't get me wrong- I love those books and will continue to read those. I just wanted something different, I wanted to read about actual people and their experiences.

Eat Pray Love- The book was way better than the movie. I read the book first and then watched the movie. I can relate to this book in the sense that it truly is about trying to find yourself and what makes you happy. Plus, I have been to Rome so when she talks about her adventures I can actually visualize it.

Going Rogue- To be honest, I bought this book after watching the TLC series called "Sarah Palin's Alaska". I was curious about her and during the 2008 presidential election, I didn't give her much, if any credit so I thought it was time to hear her story. The book was actually very good. I learned a lot about Alaska and politics. I very much respect Sarah Palin after reading this book. Our views on a lot of things match up.

So now I need help, I need another biography, I want to read one a month for all of 2011. Recommendations are welcome!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed 1) Angela's Ashes, 2) Hard Drive: Bill Gates and the Making of the Microsoft Empire, 3) A Child Called "It" 4) Tuesday's with Morrie, 5) Marley & Me, and 6) Into the Wild.

    These are biographies and autobiographies. I also read Mary Tyler Moore's a looong time ago, and I remember liking it, but I honestly don't remember the book anymore.

    ReplyDelete