Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Problem

Snow Problem (that is a HIMYM reference so hopefully someone gets it). The news stations and my mother were in extreme weather watching mode for the 3rd largest snowstorm in the Chicagoland area. My mom is psychic though and predicted this storm on Saturday evening-- she has a knack for bringing on things like this (she also made the Packers win against the Bears) Last night my brother attempted to drive to work and they closed the road down so he had to turn around and come home. The wind was insanely loud and the snow just dumped on us. Luckily, we had food and full gas tanks- we were prepared. We woke up this morning and found this...

This is our deck-- yes our deck is on the second level and this is how much snow/drifting we had

This was our view across our courtyard. Yep, that neighbor isn't getting out the front door. Although I think they did squeeze out and the kids ended up building tunnels and forts. Talk about being jealous!

More snow drifts!

Me standing in front of the snow drift so you can see how tall it was.

Louis all bundled up!

The snow drifts at the end of the driveways were HUGE! (we were blinded by the sun and snow in this photo)

Louis had to give me a boost up this because the snow was so soft I kept slipping

My mom sent me this picture of Sean having some fun with the snow blower
I tried to find stuff around my house for a make shift sled with no luck. I almost asked the neighbor kids but I didn't want them to think I was the creepy lady next door. My mission is this spring when sleds go on clearance--- pick them up. Although, if I do that we wont ever get this much snow again.

Note to self: get a job that when it snows you can just get the day off (i.e. teachers) and not be required to "work from home" cause that totally kills the snowday.


No comments:

Post a Comment