Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My First DIY

Reading (stalking, same difference) all of these other awesome blogs has inspired me for my first mini DIY project. I wanted to chanel Martha Stewart (not jail Martha, regular Martha) and HGTV!!! For our wedding I registered for these awesome pillows from Crate and Barrel that I knew would add a ton of color to bedroom. At our wedding shower when I got them I felt like a kid in a candy store!! At the shower I also got this really cool gift bag from Sue and Lorna that I refused to throw away or use to give someone else a gift in. Since both the gift bag and the pillows had the same bright color theme I decided to combine them in our bedroom. Louis and I ventured to IKEA (that place is insane and I recommend getting mentally prepared before going) and I picked up three identical frames. Then I took the gift bag and cut it up (that part kinda broke my heart) and popped the pieces into the frame and hung on the wall and MAGIC-- wall art that I really love and means something to us!!


No comments:

Post a Comment