Sunday, October 17, 2010

Husband & Wife Date Weekend

On Monday it will be Louis and I's 4 month anniversary. Since I have class on Monday we decided to celebrate early and have a husband/wife date weekend. We hadn't spent a lot of quality time together lately so we dedicated a whole weekend (well Friday night and Saturday because Sunday is homework day) to us.

Friday night we had dinner reservations at Biaggi's in Deer Park. Before dinner we had some time to kill so we hit up the shops. I picked up a really cute red vase at Crate and Barrel for Christmas (I am sure I will blog about this later). After dinner we saw the movie, Life as We Know it. I really enjoyed it and I don't think Louis hated it :)

I didn't know what the gameplan for Saturday was, I had told Louis to surprise me. When I woke up I gave him his Sweetest Day card (he had no idea it was Sweetest Day....not really surprised by that one). We started our day by going to the Oktoberfest in Long Grove. For those of you who have never been, I consider it the Door County of the Chicagoland area. We got there about 12ish and for those of you that know me know if I don't eat on a regular basis I will die. Literally, I will feel lightheaded and want to pass out. I just so happen to be feeling that way when we got there so I made a beeline to this store.....

That's right, I ran in and bought a bag of carmel popcorn (my fav!!) and some cookie and cream flavored fudge. Once I had my fix and didn't feel like I was about to die, we continued to walk around the fest.

Shops of Long Grove

We were sitting on the bench eating popcorn when Louis took this pic

It was so nice outside!

Yeah, thats right, we had matching outfits!!

Pumpkin Patch

More Fest pics

Beer tents (they had real Munich beer)

Long Grove was a lot of fun, and we even found a shop that sold Door County Christmas Wine (our fav!!) and got to pick up a bottle. After Long Grove we headed towards Woodfield Mall to look around. The goal was to get Christmas presents but that didn't happen, instead we got stuff for us! I got a sweater, Louis got new sunglasses and Louis spotted a cozy blanket for our bed in the CLEARANCE section at JcPenney's (booyah to a tall husband to see that!!)
To end the evening Louis made dinner reservations at Charlie's Charhouse. This was the location for our rehearsal dinner and we are really fond of the place. Everytime we go though, it always is a school dance and there are teenagers everywhere. I love it though because that is people watching at its best! I will say though that Louis and I felt old because we both agreed that none of those girls would have been allowed out of the house dressed like that if they were our kids!!
Here is the pic we asked the bartender to take. :)

2 comments:

  1. Omygoodness, what a lovely blog! And soooo romantic. I'm one of four ladies who wrote a romance novel called Door County Christmas. You might enjoy reading it as you sip a glass of wine.

    Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen- I definitely will check that book out! That will be a perfect holiday read.

    ReplyDelete