Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The 411 on Baby Malic

I have been slightly hesistant to talk a lot about the details of baby malic on this blog because I didn't want this blog to be ALL about babies, although I am sure my 7 readers wouldn't mind that too much. I have decided I will write about fun and key things throughout the pregnancy and definitely have the blog filled of the little one once they arrive-- after all the blog is about my life and clearly the baby will be a large part of it.

How we found out:
It was a Tuesday night and Louis was at class and I was home by myself. I was concerned because I was a little late and I decided to take a pregnancy test. The test was a digital CVS brand. I was honestly expecting it to say "Not Pregnant" and then I could stop having an internal freakout. When that stick flashed "Pregnant" I thought it was a joke. In my crazy head I thought, well maybe its wrong because its just a CVS brand test (not to insult the place my husband works at but you never know) so I raced out of the house and went to Walgreens to get the EPT (Error Proof Test) brand. Then I jugged a bunch of water and took it again....sure enough two pink lines appeared. I then realized that I had the biggest news of Louis and I's life and I was sitting alone at the house and Louis wouldn't be home for 4 hours. I decided to do laundry and watch Glee to get my mind off of things-- which of course did no good. When Louis walked in the door he saw me on the couch folding laundry and I said "Guess What" and he replied "What? Is someone we know pregnant?" and I said "Yep, me!". He had the same look on his face as I did when I looked at the first test, but then I rushed him up the stairs to show him the test as proof. He explained that he knew we would get pregnant super fast, I guess he has great confidence :)

The next day at work I snuck into a room to call the doctor and make an appointment. The appointment wasn't for a week and half and that week and half was the longest of my entire life! At the doctors office he did a quick exam and said "Yep, you are DEFINITELY pregnant". Louis and I knew that we wanted to wait to tell anyone until it was closer to the end of our first trimester and keeping it a secret was beyond difficult.

How we broke the news to family:
I was honestly SUPER SCARED to tell my dad that I was pregnant. For some reason I reverted back to my 15 year old self and didn't want to tell him, haha. We were going to my parents house for dinner one night and as we walked in the door my mom had asked what is new and I simply blurted out "well I am pregnant". At first they thought I was kidding but then I explained that I indeed was not. My dad seems very cool about and his only concern seemed to be around if I could still go on vacation...haha. There was no cute way in which we told them or some elaborate plan to break the news-- I just blurted it out and I felt so much better once they knew. We wanted to tell Louis' parents in person as well but due to the fact they live further away and we wanted them to know around the same time, we called them later that night to share the news. Of course the entire family was happy and excited. It is the first grandchild on both sides and first great grandchild on my side. Both my mom and Kathy were annoyed though that I made them swear to not say a word until I gave the green light at the end of my first trimester....this apparently proved to be the hardest task for both of them :)

Also, the entire family except for James thinks we are having a girl....why I have no idea. My dad also has given our child the name Danielle (his name is Daniel) and it is starting to stick with the family which isn't good cause I am pretty sure its giving my baby a complex already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment