Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Man U

On rare occasions I have been impressed with the place I work. Sometimes they surprise us with ice cream days or a key chain etc. Well now that Hewitt is officially now AON (AON bought Hewitt in the fall of 2010) we are now one big AON family. AON is the sponsor for Manchester United. For those of you have live in a cave (and yes Katie Kramer I am talking to you!) Man U is the most widely known sports team in the entire world. They are the premiere football (soccer to us in the USA) team and they have over 333 million fans. This is the team that David Beckham started off on before bouncing around and landing in LA. I find it strange that soccer and NASCAR are really the only sports I know that encourage sponsors on their jersey/car. It is weird to see a team jersey and it not boldly show the team name or logo. AON LOVES LOVES LOVES that they sponsor Man U so they decided to share that love in the form of free Man U jerseys for everyone who works at AON. In addition we got an AON bag to tote around (inside the tote was a coloring book and stickers!!) These jerseys retail for at least $80-90 bucks a pop so I was impressed. In addition, Man U is coming to America to play a few games in the MLS. In July they are coming to Soldier Field to play the Chicago Fire. As an AON associate I get a chance to get tickets in a block of seats that AON has reserved for us.

I decided that Louis will get the jersey because the other week at work I won a Man U t-shirt (looks exactly like the jersey but just a t-shirt). Now we can go to the game and rock out in our Man U gear!!



1 comment: