Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Strike a Pose

With baby Malic's arrival, Louis and I know that there will be many pictures taken of our awesome baby. Unfortunately the camera's in the Malic household are less than stellar. My camera is from college and is a simple cannon camera. It can take video but honestly the quality is better on my blackberry camera than this thing. I think my camera has like .5x zoom....worthless. Louis' camera is definitely better but while his takes video- it won't record sound, making the video a silent film :) Since my birthday is coming up (July 3rd, write it down, and send me presents :) ) I thought that if I asked everyone to give me some money towards a new camera that I can get that as my present. My parents just got a new camera and my mom was showing it to me on Sunday and man, technology has clearly advanced since 2005 when I got my camera. The quality and capabilities are awesome. I was searching online and came across this Nikon camera that is around $260 bucks at Best Buy. It has received awesome reviews and is in a price point I find acceptable. The features that I wanted were:
1. Video capability
2. Lots of options for different settings (i.e. sunset, portrait, outdoor etc)
3. Sports mode (to take a lot of pictures quickly)
4. I didn't want an SLR cause lets face I don't have a super interest in learning to take different pictures and setting up every shot.
5. Not something super huge and bulky-- heck with a baby and diaper bag and my purse I don't have room for a ton more

I don't really have a preference for the type of battery (a card that is rechargable vs regular batteries) but it would be more convenient with a baby on the go to just keep a few extra batteries in the case and call it a day instead of remembering to charge the camera.



(sorry for the slightly blurry pic)




I am willing to take any reviews, suggestions, tips etc for camera shopping.

2 comments:

  1. While I don't have it, I have heard good things about the Coolpix. Pictures + Babies can never equal a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will stand by my recommendation of any Canon Powershot Digital Elph on the market. I'm considering getting the Rebel (SLR) but haven't decided yet.

    Nikon's are good cameras. I don't know anyone that has that particular model, but I do know loyal Nikon users that are nothing but happy.

    ReplyDelete