Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekend Recap

Louis and I had an action packed Memorial Day weekend. It all started on Thursday night when we went to Naperville to go to John's Med School graduation party at LouMalnati's. It was great to see John and his girlfriend Jen since the last time we saw these Cali residents was at our wedding. On Friday after work, James, John and Jen came to our house to hang out and spend time together. On Saturday morning Clint came up to our house and Louis, Clint and James went golfing all afternoon. Sean and I went up to Wisconsin for my cousin, Amy's Grad School graduation party. It was great to finally see her house and spend time together-- even though the weather was kinda a bummer. On Sunday Louis and I went downtown Chicago to meet up with Bobby for his birthday. We went to dinner at this Mexican restaurant and I watched him and Louis play some Big Bumpin. We also got to see Vogl for a brief minute before we had to leave and catch the train back home.

Monday was a strictly Jenny and Louis day because 1. we needed to relax 2. we need as much newlywed time squeezed in before its over in a few weeks. Since the weather was awesome we had to take advantage. We woke up and took our standard walk around the neighborhood and then we drove to Three Oaks (where I went with Cheryl and Justin about a month ago) to rent a paddle boat. This was Louis' first time on a paddle boat, I on the other hand am a seasoned veteran thanks to my grandparents lake house in Eagle River. I made sure to bring towels for our butts and snacks and beverages-- man I am going to rock at being a mom! There was some wind to deal with but in the end it was well worth the $10 for the hour because Louis was beyond entertaining. He was immediately complaining about the steering and that we weren't getting anywhere with the wind. Then after approximately 5 mins his poor legs couldn't hack it. He tried to insist he was doing all of the work so I took my feet off of the paddles to which he immediately told me to put them back--- so there I was helping! I forgot my camera but had my phone, heck the phone probably took better pictures than my camera.



My arm isn't as long as Louis' so I am not good at the one handed pic of us



I
I got better at the pic of us :)

Louis taking a goldfish break



Louis attempting to paddle




This is how he looked for most of it....haha I was pregnant and didn't complain!




Pictures on the lake (it felt like we were in Wisconsin and it was really pretty-- except when we saw the cars on the other side of the lake driving by!)








After paddling we came home and grilled out for lunch. We had brats, watermelon slices and french onion dip and chips-- PERFECT meal! Then we hung out in our courtyard area for awhile and then took a nap (mostly it was the pregnant chick in me needing a nap). Then we took a bike ride on this path that Louis discovered near our house. It was a lot of fun but very hot and my bike seat is quite uncomfortable and my butt is still sore today!


Overall we had a great weekend and I am so glad that the weather cooperated yesterday!



No comments:

Post a Comment