Monday, May 23, 2011

Maternity Clothes

After the initial shock of realizing I was pregnant wore off, I quickly realized that I would need to get a whole new wardrobe for my ever changing body the next 9 months. For the first couple of weeks I fit into my regular clothes without issue. Then the pants started to feel snug. I didn't want to spend a lot of money so instead of buying a bella band I used a hairtie to keep my pants closed (since I couldn't button them). Then about two weeks ago I realized that the poor hairtie had reached its limit and sitting at a desk all day was getting really uncomfortable. Enter maternity clothes!

I am not a girl that loves shopping so the thought of buying all new clothes scared me, not to mention I still wasn't mentality prepared for getting big. :) Before shopping I laid out a set of ground rules to strictly follow

1. Do not spend more than $40 on any piece of maternity clothing (this means sticking to the following stores: Old Navy, Target, Kohls and Destination Maternity/Motherhood Maternity)
2. Only buy clothes that still might be in style in a few years for baby #2 (I know, I am getting ahead of myself but heck, I am only buying one maternity wardrobe)
3. Get all of the staple clothing first then worry about outfits for random occassions

Thanks to a gift card from my mother-in-law and one from work I was able to get a head start on the maternity clothes without spending a lot.

Here is what I have:
3 pairs of jeans
2 pairs of casual pants that can turn into capri's
1 pair of black pants
1 pair of jean capri's
2 pairs of jean shorts
1 pair of khaki shorts
3 tank tops
3 short sleeve tops
1 swimsuit

Right now I am lucky because I can still wear a lot of my normal tops and they aren't getting too stretched out but I have a feeling that will soon end :) I also caution to NEVER buy any maternity cardigans because you don't need maternity cardigans, just use your regular ones and don't button them.

Here are the pictures of some of my clothes that I got at Old Navy.




No comments:

Post a Comment